View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qem
Guild Master

re: Bumcrafter HC strats/tips/tricks

Another Strat

Ikkz linked me a couple of vids showing another strategy we might consider primarily looking at killing lasers. Might be worth a shot as this is the part that is causing us most difficulty. It does mean dodging a lot of Missile Turrets which could cause the OT some problems as there's a lot of movement and we will have to deal with a few more mines, but i think we can deal with that.

Main Stage

Belt

TorturedViper
Veteran Raid

Looking at the orders as the abilities come, we do seem to have having a lot of trouble with having empowered lasers and normal missiles, and to be honest the empowered lasers in general. I would therefore propose the following, arranged in a beautiful table format.

Wave Kill on Belt Overcharged Ability Normal Ability
1 Mines Missiles Laser
Missiles  Mines  Laser
Missiles  Electromagnet Laser 
Mines  Missiles  Laser 
Mines  Electromagnet  Missiles 
Mines  Mines  Laser 
Mines  Missiles  Laser 
Mines  Electromagnet  Missiles 
Mines  Laser  Laser 
10          Mines Missiles Laser                       
11 Missiles Electromagnet Missiles
12 Electromagnet Mines                                    Laser

This looks as though we should never have 2 abilities together that cause us to have nowhere at all to run. However, it does means we have to deal with Overcharged Mines 4 times. Hopefully on Wednesday with more ranged, this will be a more viable tactic. I think if we can, that this order looks more promising.

Dustcake
Guild Master

From interview with guy from Method:

How many pulls did each boss take you?
Treckie: First 8 took 1-2 pulls, Malkorok 13, Spoils 15-20, Thok 7, Siegecrafter 229, Paragons 222 (important to note that the first two days of progress on Klaxxi we made very little progress due to ridiculous overtuning and bugs), Garrosh 272.

tibbsey
Veteran Raid

So, after some exploratory surgery last night on Mr Bumcrafter, we learnt quite a lot I think. Here's a brief rundown of what we should have learnt...

Firstly: Mines suck. Hard.

As we're likely to have to go 3rogue on this bad boy (I am bad mage), I've been looking up what the hell to do.

A few guilds I found have had melee heavy comps and have gone for the Anti-Mine strat (kill mines if there are mines to kill).

This first link is for 25 but it's mostly applicable to us too: 25 HC anti-mines Of note is their positioning, they go over the belt side (as they don't need to be near mines) and then when the mines come up (which is unavoidable) they send over their hunter/mage to CC and then all the ranged nuke the poop out of the mines before they can reach the middle. Obviously we'd need to tweak this for our set-up.

This one doesn't say if it's 10/25 specific and explains everything quite nicely (doesn't go into positioning though): Bumcrafter HC anti-mines

From a personal perspective, Missiles are waaaay easier than mines! I can dodge the missile damage and kill them far easier than dodging the mines and killing them. I *think* the first missile will land on me most of the time too (if that's how it works).

Tips and Tricks for Overcharged Mines:

(even doing Anti-mines, we will get 1 Overcharged Mines about halfway through the fight)

Hunter CC: awesome but irrelevant. Férn be all up on the belt.

Spriest CC: dem roots. I *think* what people do is root the first two bigs, then when the littles come out, root them too and nuke EVERYTHING together. If I don't get targeted by one, this would be good for me as I could BladeFlurryKillingSpree the bastards.

Destro CC: Erm... pass. I'm sure you've got some but I'll be damned if I know what it is.

Rogue CC: Hahahahahahahahaha. No. I can give you a 8s stun on ONE of them... or Crippling (requires actually hitting them and at the expense of my Leeching)

DK CC: Chillblains*! Spread that shit all over the place. Also mass Death Grip. Also glyphed DnD. *requires Chillblains talent. May be at expense of survivability (think Purgatory might be on that tier).

Druid CC: Ursol's Vortex. Dem mines ain't going nowhere! Also Typhoon just in cases. That is if you can fit in those GCDs around your Rejuv, don't put yourself out or anything.

Shaman CC: Erm... pass again.

Warrior CC: Can't talk... tanking add... leave a message at the Beep!

Secondly: Laser-beams hurt. Lots.

In my travels through the internet I have found more confirmation that the safe laser beam on the belt does indeed move to the left each time.

So no excuses k? :P

Tips and Tricks for Belt:

Hit it lots (and hard).

Don't fuck up.

It has been confirmed that you cannot Shadowstep to the belt once the fight is under way, there's an invisible wall. The wall isn't there pre-fight, which tricks you into thinking Shadowstep will work.

Turdly: It's a hard fight.

Many reckon it's the hardest in the entire raid. So don't feel down just 'cos you're being bad at the moment. :)

I think we can do it with 3rogues if we do Anti-mine. It's been said that Anti-mine is *harder* because the Mines have so little HP when they're overcharged (compared to the higher HP of the missiles and that you need to move to get missiles), but with our set up I think it's harder having the Mines Overcharged.

Anywho, food for thought. If you've discovered anything else, chuck it down here. :)

<3

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Raiders of the Glomp Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: