Post new topic   Reply to topic    Raiders of the Glomp Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frankklyn
Veteran Raid

re: VA going forwards

Well....I did have a bit of a rant the other week to Q and a few others on ts. I'll just go over the same shit again without the eloquence and bullet points that we got from Lord Q.

While people are still interested in getting 14/14hc I'm still willing to fight tooth and nail for it, even if there is a bit of a lul when people have rl stuffs on.

I was ready to just cancel my sub and fuck it off because it felt like the team was on the road to slowing down before the next xpac. But Q put his lovingly manly arm around my little girly shoulder, stemmed my crying and told me all would be well in the world......of warcraft and that we'd still be pushing for it.

I do however think whenever people can turn up for a raid they should turn up, even on clear nights. They are clear nights because our full team is there, as soon as we lose one or two people it turns in to a wipe night with not much clearing. I don't like people having the option of sacking it off because they can't be arsed.

If people want to clear a new boss then the enthusiasm should be there to clear all the bosses leading up to it to be in a position to try the new boss.

Real life can be a bitch at times, but when its playing nice, we should all be hammering as hard as we can.

Heya. So, I've tried to think of an adequate response to the questions asked here but every time I try to put it down on paper I end up rambling on and going off on tangents, so i'll try and break it down into a series of points.

1. I am extremely competitive and downing new bosses still gives me that same buzz, but I value having a good time with friends far more. One of my biggest anxieties when raiding is that if we're not downing bosses then a portion of the team will become dissatisfied, and for that reason i'm always a bit keyed up when things aren't going well. By the same token some of the best times I've had recently is when we've been messing around on farm bosses, even when (and perhaps because) those have ended in wipes. As such I feel like I'm always being pulled in 2 directions whenever we raid.

2. I'd really like to finish of this expac with 14/14 hc but I don't feel as pressured in to being as competitive with other guilds as I was at the start. Therefor having players absent for periods of time isn't so much of a concern provided I know that they are still interested in continuing.

3. Organising these raids is a pain in the ass and it does cause me undue stress, but so long as I know that people understand that progress is always going to be difficult with pugs, or whilst we're gearing up / training new players then its something I'm more than happy to do. I also hope people realise that when we do have a good setup we should be making the most of it.

4. Things are difficult at the moment because I'm trying to keep prospective players interested whilst simultaneously running with an understrength squad. I think there are distinct possibilities with a couple of the recruits but if players are going to quit then there seems little point in continuing down this path.

5. I play this game because of the friends I have made here and because I enjoy any excuse to spend time with you. I don't want anyone to feel pressured in continuing, or to feel guilty for quitting if they're no longer having fun. But for those who are still committed please know that I will continue to try and make things work, not simply out of a sense of duty as a raid leader but because it gives me a stupid amount of pleasure playing with you (despite appearances!)

6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oOuSx3_wwc

tibbsey
Veteran Raid

With regards to WoW, I'm in a similar position as yourself, I can take it or leave it. I'm being made to feel increasingly guilty for spending all my time playing games, which is most of the reason for my slight drop in interest.

That said though, I still want to raid with everyone. The last couple of weeks where we've had half a pug team have been a bit frustrating for me because they simply didn't do it our way, lol. Our team had countless hours (more in some cases!) of learning those fights on HC and figuring out the nuances of each, and having half a team that barely even knew the tactics was pushing a bit for me. This is by no means their fault, obviously, it's just an unfortunate by-product of having raided as a team on those fights previously and then being thrown into chaos.

I still want us to get 14/14HC. As Team1 (in the setup that we've had most of this Tier) I think we could do it. We three rogued Thok for god's sake!

In our current form (whatever that may be, just not Team1 as we know it) I honestly don't know if we could (that's even accounting for getting everyone geared up). This probably isn't the best place to say that, but meh. Prove me wrong ;) :p

On a personal note, I don't know what's going on in my life (surprise lol!). I'm applying for jobs in London, so if I get one I expect I'll have to accept it and move down there and start being a proper person with a job and shit. Until that disruption comes, I'm all yours (Glomp's) to do with what you will.

I think my time with Team2 is coming to an end as Trinity seems to be back, so I'll probably have Linnara free to help out with healing on the easier HCs if/when Dess is late. :P

I'll also chuck in a huge tip o' the cap to Q, sterling job thus far and very much appreciated. Anything you need I'm here. <3

Dustcake
Guild Master

As you may have noticed I've been largely unavailable lately for raids. I apologise for being so unreliable, especially when I'm generally the last person to cut anyone slack when others do it. 

Organising our raids is a pain in the ass sometimes. Especially when we lack regular players. In the past Q and I have leant on each other to make sure things get done and we have some semblance of a group even when people are missing. I'm not dismissing the times the other raiders have helped too but largely it has just been the two of us sorting the raids. For a long time now it's just been left to Q to sort on his own. This is one of the most utterly shit things to have to do when you lack players, some people would rather stick pins in their eyes than raid-but do out of loyalty and when you know you only have a limited amount of time to finish things as some people are leaving. 

For the next 10 days I'll still be afk. But hopefully if I knuckle down this will give me the time to sort all the things I'm behind on and I'll be back and able to play a more active role in things. But I'd like to know where people stand with regards to raiding. Do people still want to even carry on? Is it just the lack of the regular team that's bringing people down or are you just sticking round because you feel you have to? I'd just like to know what people honestly feel so Q and I can take the team forwards as best we can. 

Wow doesn't hold me like it used to, I can mostly take it or leave it at the moment. But I do still enjoy coming on and playing with the friends I've made here. I can't imagine I'll leave properly ever. I'm not entirely sure where I was going with this post, a lot of the team won't even read it. But I would like to know how people feel about carrying on. 

This is also a massively huge gigantic apology to Q. Who despite my repeated apologies and promises of being less shit - I haven't been. I know sorting the raids makes you feel like it's your job to keep things going and make people want to play the game/raid. But it's not, not really. You've done amazingly, I'd have thrown a few hissy fits if you'd ditched me like I have - I am truly sorry.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Raiders of the Glomp Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: